Surgery is no joke. It’s one of the most stressful events in a person’s life because of potential consequences and extended rehab. It takes a major amount of trust to allow someone you’ve never met before to operate on your elbow. That is why it’s important to make sure you find the right elbow surgeon in Heber City who can provide the care and treatment you need to get back to feeling your best.
When looking for an elbow surgeon, you should consider some factors to make an informed decision that works for you. In this article, we will discuss a few of the things you should be looking for in an elbow surgeon so you can have peace of mind that you are in good hands.
Why You May Need Elbow Surgery
Before we get started on helping you look for the right elbow surgeon, let’s take a look at a few of the reasons you might need elbow surgery in the first place:
- Consistent or severe pain in your elbow: If you’re experiencing elbow pain and it’s limiting your everyday activities, elbow surgery may be an option.
- Pain that gets worse with use: If your elbow pain is increasing as you use it more, elbow surgery can help reduce the severity of the pain to a manageable level.
- Stiffness after activity and rest: A common elbow injury is elbow stiffness that lasts after activity or rest. This can be a symptom of an elbow strain or arthritis. If this is the case, elbow surgery may be necessary to restore your range of motion and reduce inflammation in the area.
- Obvious deformity: If you have obvious deformity around your elbow this could be indicative of a distal triceps or biceps tear.
If you have noticed one or several of these symptoms, you should contact an elbow surgeon.
What to Look for in an Elbow Surgeon in Heber City
If you have come to the conclusion that you might need surgery, let’s talk about what you should be looking for in an elbow surgeon
- In-network with your insurance: Make sure the elbow surgeon you choose is in-network with your health insurance provider. This will save you money in the long run and make sure you don’t end up with unexpected costs.
- Experience with your injury: It’s important to find an elbow surgeon who is experienced in treating elbow injuries like yours. This will ensure they have the best understanding and knowledge of what needs to be done to help you get better.
- Board certification: Make sure the elbow surgeon you choose is board certified, meaning they are qualified and approved by their peers for orthopedic elbow surgery.
- Good reviews: Take a look at online reviews from former patients of the elbow surgeon you’re considering. This can give you a good insight as to how successful their surgeries are and if other patients were satisfied with the results.
Let Dr. M. Daniel Hatch Help You
If you believe you may need an elbow specialist, Dr. M. Daniel Hatch is here to help. we understand the importance of finding the right elbow surgeon in Heber City you can trust.
To learn more about Dr. M. Daniel Hatch and how he can help schedule a consultation with The Orthopedic Partners, an RCM Clinic today.